Friday, February 29, 2008

Mango Guacamole

I've made this forever! But I just made it for a work party today and people really seemed to like it, so now... I share with you. (Sorry no pictures, because there wasn't any left.)

What you'll need:

3 Avacados
1 package of Green Onions
1bunch Cilantro
1 Mango
Lemon Juice
Salt

What to do:

You guessed it! Chop it all up. Peel and dice the mango. Chop up the green onions. You can use as much cilantro as you like, but I just use about a handful and chop it finely. Mash up your avacados. Mix it all together.

Add in lemon juice, I use about 6 capfuls, but you can use more if you want it tangy. Salt to taste. I like it really salty.

Options:
It doesn't haaave to be mango. You could also try pineapple or even peaches. Oranges anyone? I've never tried, but why not? I once saw a Martha Stewart article that opted in cranberries. Nice and colorful.

Just a Thought:

Obviously, you can use guacamole on a lot of good things. Here's one that I really like: Toast up a bagel, top with a slice of tomato and then a slice of cheddar cheese. Toast that or microwave it until the cheese melts. Put the guacamole right on top! Fattening, yes. But gooooooddd fattening. Really, it's all veggies!

No comments: